The Pino/a/x/y Powerpoint Party is an informal salon and meetup for Filipinx academics. We normally host these gatherings in living rooms or coffee shops in NYC, but we're temporarily turning it into a Zoom meeting (for obvious reasons).
We invite academics, students, and all interested in the Philippines or the Filipinx diaspora to curl up on the couch, grab a snack, pour themselves a glass of wine, and tune in for a set of short talks from researchers in a variety of disciplines.
- Dr. Robyn Magalit Rodriguez (Bulosan Center for Filipino Studies, UC Davis)
- Stephanie Joy BondocGawa Mafla-Mills (Biology, Ecology & Evolution, Rutgers)
- Dr. Dada Docot (Anthropology, Purdue)
- Kyle Marian Viterbo (The Symposium: Academic Stand Up)
- Michael Salgarolo (History, NYU)
- With opening remarks by Dr. Kevin Nadal (Psychology, CUNY)
- Hosted by Dr. Noelle Malvar (Social Psychology, CUNY) and Michael Salgarolo (History, NYU)